Tue, 16 Jun|
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centr
Executive Certificate in Collaborative Leadership
Thriving with a Competitive Edge as a Collaborative Leader in an Inter-connected World
Time & Location
16 Jun 2020, 09:00 – 17:00 GMT+8
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centr, 11 Cavenagh Rd, Singapore 229616
About the Course
We live in an interconnected world. In business, we see organizations relying ever more closely on partners to deliver key elements of their services to customers, while large portions of our national infrastructure are also being rebuilt through public-private partnerships. These issues place great reliance on leaders to work collaboratively and to share control effectively. This is not a skill-set that comes naturally to most people in senior roles, but collaborative leadership can be developed in any organizations -- and in any leader.
This workshop will engage participants to a wide-range of perspectives on the global economy, and will draw and apply management insights from The Art of Collaborative Leadership, as executed by Chinese Admiral Zheng He. Collaborative Leadership is a new mantra of business survival in a VUCA global business landscape.
Admiral Zheng He, had aptly demonstrated his collaborative leadership style in his seven naval voyages that dated earlier than the Columbus’ expedition to the West. He was in command of the largest and most powerful naval fleet and had leveraged the superpower backing by the mighty Ming imperial throne for a peaceful purpose.
This collaborative leadership approach offers an alternative strategy to the antagonistic win-lose approach (to colonize or conquer) that advocated by Sun Zi, another legendary Chinese commander. Contrary to current management wisdom, Collaborative Leadership offers an alternative approach that is relevant for today’s complex and interconnected business landscape and will be the basis for building a network of partnerships and peaceful cooperation.
This workshop will provide participants with an alternative insight of international collaboration and equip them with tools and an easy 4 Step Formula to develop collaborative leadership and groom a pipeline of collaborative leaders.
- The Art of Collaborative Leadership: Chronology of Zheng He & His 7 Expeditions
- The Science of Collaborative Leadership
- Taking Your Collaborative Pulse
- 6 Success Traits of Collaborative Leaders
- 4 Step Formula for Collaborative Leadership Development
- Scenario Planning for Navigating Collaborative Organizations with China Belt and Road Globalization Initiatives(BRI)
- Collaborative Code for Building Team Leadership
- Synergistic Leveraging for Collaborative Project Leadership
Participants will gain the following benefits:
- to develop and groom Collaborative Leaders with 4 Step Formula
- to execute and manage international collaboration under the China Belt and Road Globalization Initiatives(BRI)
- to develop important skills in policy and data analysis at various geographic scales and expose to a wide-range of perspectives on the global economy
- to prepare for a professional career in this challenging and exciting world of international business and trade.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is customized for senior executives from organizations with International Business. It enables participants to embark on careers with global responsibilities and leadership. It also provides opportunities to deepen essential skill-sets to navigate, lead and overcome the complexity of overseas markets.
The target group will be:
- Executives with minimum 3 years of experience in a global role
- Senior business development managers mandated with strategic responsibility for driving their businesses forward in Asia
- Individuals committed to deepening skills in leadership and internationalization
- Ticket type
Art of Collaboration
Thriving with a Competitive Edge as a Collaborative Leader in an Inter-connected WorldPriceSGD 1,200.00
Course Subsidy Information
IBG-STS accredited course Enhanced Funding Support where 95% (till 30 June 2021; thereafter 70%) of the course fee is subsidised.
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years & above will be eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs.
Grant capped at S$7,000 per participant per programme.
When a participant (Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, physically based in SG) is sponsorsed by company, Training Grant Allowance (TAG) of S$15/hour is available for programmes commencing between 8 April 2020 and 30 June 2021 and completed no later than 30 September 2021.
TAG will be reimbursed to the relevant sponsoring companies upon the participants' successful completion and passing the assessment component of the IBF-STS programme.