Thu, 23 Apr|
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centr
Introduction to Data Visualisation & Storytelling
As awareness of data analytics grew over the last decade, it is now considered a core capability in many organisations today. As such, many individuals and organisations have invested heavily in building such capabilities.
Time & Location
23 Apr 2020, 09:00 GMT+8 – 24 Apr 2020, 17:00 GMT+8
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centr, 11 Cavenagh Rd, Singapore 229616
About the Course
This course aims to address such capability gaps especially for professionals and managers who have some experience with analysis but are finding some challenges in making an impact in the “last mile” of value in analytics. This course is specifically designed to round up the final pieces in the analytics value chain to help organisations achieve sustainable value in analytics.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what data analytics is and the key ingredients for sustainable analytics
- Understand the analytics value and the part that effective communications with data plays in delivering the “last mile” of value
- Appreciate the thought process as well as key technical and visual considerations to designing effective data visualisations
- Appreciate the thought process as well as key technical and visual considerations to assembling data visualisations into coherent and impact dashboards
- Understand the key principles behind developing and telling a concise, coherent and compelling story from the data
- Gain exposure to various data visualisation techniques and tools
- Gain practical data visualisation and dashboarding skills through exercises with Microsoft Excel
Data Expert: Michael Lee
Michael is an associate of FYT Consulting Pte Ltd. An IT professional by training with more than 25 years of consulting & practical experience across many functions (sales, client management, business operations & customer service) throughout various roles (Vendor, Systems Integrator, Distributor and Enduser) in both the public & private sector.
Prior to joining FYT Consulting, Michael has done consultancy and process re-engineering for several SMEs. He has also conducted numerous training sessions on Virtual Teaming for international banks and corporations. In addition, he has made many speaking engagements in Customer & Partner events, as well as in major international Sales Conferences. Michael holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Mathematics as well as an MBA from the National University of Singapore.
Data & Business Analytics
Fees are inclusive of hotel buffet lunch, light refreshments and course materials
Course Subsidy Information
IBG-STS accredited course Enhanced Funding Support where 95% (till 30 June 2021; thereafter 70%) of the course fee is subsidised.
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years & above will be eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs.
Grant capped at S$7,000 per participant per programme.
When a participant (Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, physically based in SG) is sponsorsed by company, Training Grant Allowance (TAG) of S$15/hour is available for programmes commencing between 8 April 2020 and 30 June 2021 and completed no later than 30 September 2021.
TAG will be reimbursed to the relevant sponsoring companies upon the participants' successful completion and passing the assessment component of the IBF-STS programme.