Date & Time To Be Announced Soon!|
Critical Thinking In The VUCA Economy
Critical Thinking in the VUCA Economy aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to think smarter and apply logical inquiry methodologies to common business problems and challenges. (IBF Accredited Course)
Time & Location
Date & Time To Be Announced Soon!
Singapore, 100 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238840
About the Course
IBF Accredited Programme
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
1. Apply critical and synthesis thinking skills for problem-solving and innovation.
2. Challenge and rethinking ideas to have a different perspective.
3. Analyse business issues to put forth recommendations to stakeholders.
4. Enhance creative thinking among team members.
A competency-based training that employs a combination of lectures, discussions and assessments.
Unit 1: Understand and Develop Critical Thinking Mindset
1. Differences between critical and automatic thinking
2. Using a process framework to think more critically
3. Applying facts and observations to determine the credibility of information and data
4. Analysing how we thinking and appraisal of Left and Right Brain theories
Unit 2: Find the Right Problem
1. Identifying the real business issue or goal using tools and case studies
2. Using a process framework to think more critically – Systems Thinking
3. Helping staff to contribute and adapt to changes at the workplace
4. Reading between the lines of information and emails
5. Speaking and listening more critically
6. Interpreting ideas and using them to identify problems using outside-the-box thinking
Unit 3: Solve the Problem
1. Problem-solving skills and synthesis
2. Improve innovation by using out-of-the-box thinking and impossible thinking
3. Reduce innovation barriers by using clarity tools
4. Recognising issues and implications
Unit 4: Execute the Solution
1. Influencing and persuading stakeholders towards Your Ideas and Thoughts
2. Identifying greater insights and seeing patterns/trends to see Big picture
3. Aligning solutions and recommendations through a corporate vision and KPIs
4. Rethinking ideas and making innovative solutions through Solutions thinking
5. Identifying business ideas and how to improve on them by using critical thinking
Course Subsidy Information
IBG-STS accredited course Enhanced Funding Support where 95% (till 30 June 2021; thereafter 70%) of the course fee is subsidised.
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years & above will be eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs.
Grant capped at S$7,000 per participant per programme.
When a participant (Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, physically based in SG) is sponsorsed by company, Training Grant Allowance (TAG) of S$15/hour is available for programmes commencing between 8 April 2020 and 30 June 2021 and completed no later than 30 September 2021.
TAG will be reimbursed to the relevant sponsoring companies upon the participants' successful completion and passing the assessment component of the IBF-STS programme.